What a week.
This week has been particularly tough for me personally. I’m sure I’ll be ready to talk about it eventually, but not just yet. It’s been a week of splits: Miranda and Blake. Katy and John (again and again) and unfortunately, my own relationship. I’ve been in a funk, but my girlfriends have been rallying around me to keep me busy and full of peanut M&M’s. Not sure what will happen next, but I’m optimistic/hopeful things get better. Who knows. Maybe we’ll be fine by the time you read this. I don’t know.
I did wake up to a pleasant surprise by one of my internet besties, the Finicky Cynic, who nominated me for the Dragon’s Loyalty Award.
This is a chance to get to know each other better, introduce one another to new blogs we love and basically give someone a pat on the back for their blogging endeavors.
Blogging is easy in practice, but can be really tough to sustain. There’s always that line of not knowing what is considered “TMI” worried your Mom’s friend or like, your cousin you don’t really talk to will read your work and then spread rumors around the family about your mental state. It’s hard to come up with new material, to not get discouraged when it seems like nobody cares, and oh ya – MAKE TIME to blog!
I’m grateful to the WordPress blogging community who’ve become friends of mine and encourage me to continue blogging. It’s almost been a year since I started Honestly, Libby and I still can’t believe I’ve kept up with blogging or said half the shit I’ve said online.
So here’s how this thing here works…
Put the award’s logo on your post.
- Thank the person who nominated you and put a link to their blog.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers.
- Let your nominees know you have nominated them.
- Post 7 facts about yourself.
This isn’t the logo of the award…but it effin should have been
To the Finicky Cynic – whose real name I don’t even know, but have affectionately referred to as Finicky to all of my friends:
Thank you for the recognition. I appreciate your constant blogging friendship with me, and it pushes me forward to be creative, honest and share myself with people. I wish I had 1/10th of your writing talent, and am so excited for your next adventure… IN FRANCE!
Man, I don’t even know if I know 15 people in my real life. These bloggers are my favourites, and the ones I relate to the most. Everyone should check them out, get to know them, and follow, follow, follow!
All Things Britney Lee
Rae of Sparkles
Oh Hey, Kelly Kay!
Fit, Fat, Feminist
Diary of an Expat
Seven facts about myself…
This is tough when you chronically overshare with the world on a daily basis, but I’m sure I can give you something. It might be slightly depressing, given my current state, but just wait because I’ll throw in something cute and uplifting at the end.
Let’s re-name this section: 7 random thoughts I’m having right now
1. I wonder how far I could make it if I cleared out my bank account, headed towards the US border and just decided to start a new life before anyone would notice. I’m about 45 minutes away from Buffalo…so, the best guess would be 45 minutes…but I feel like I could push it until like, at LEAST Ohio if I told people I was going for a nap (which lasts about six hours give or take) and just bounced.
2. What the f*ck is going on, Hollywood. Seriously. First Ben and Jen, now Blake and Miranda? Do people in the public eye not know that they have absolutely no right to a normal life and therefore have to live with the gaze of the entire world upon them, sacrificing their own happiness and wants for the good of the world? Seriously. Quit being so selfish.
3. Ugh. I don’t want to have to start shaving my legs again. Like, at all. So. Birth Control method found.
4. I wonder if anyone would notice if I just slowly faced in an accent into my life. I could blame it on a cool stroke or something. Like. All of a sudden I have a really cool South African accent. It could happen. People would now associate me as “that girl with that really cool accent from that unexpected stroke”
5. Summer. Amirite?
6. I want to re-watch The Hills and put mascara on and cry like Lauren Conrad. Maybe she’s available to talk me through this phase of life. She looks like she knows the worst/best things to say. Plus I think she would like, give me some kind of cookie infused with lavender as a comfort food. Which is not at all a comfort food. No matter what LC says.
Here’s something cute!