This is just too cool, innit?
I’m seriously in love with the wordpress blogging community. I’ve found so many great blogs that I creep on the reg, I was beyond excited to hear from Sian, the Professional Dreamer herself, about being nominated for the Liebster award. So grateful that she thought of my blog. I read her blog daily and love her writing. Everyone should check out her stuff!
Thank you, Sian!
Here are the rules!
Rule #1: Post the award logo on your blog.
Rule #2: Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their site.
Rule #3: Write 11 Random facts about yourself.
Rule #4: Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
Rule #5: Answer the 11 questions they have left and ask your nominees 11 questions
Let’s do this!
11 Random facts about me:
1. My mom is slightly obsessed with the British royal family and named me Elizabeth Regina, Queen Elizabeth. (Seriously).
2. Even though I’m of Italian/Irish descent, I frequently get asked if I’m Native Canadian or Middle Eastern.
3. I was 19 when I had my first kiss.
4. I’m slightly obsessed with JFK & RFK.
5. When I was three, I fractured my skull and had to wear a hockey helmet for 6 weeks. This explains a lot.
6. I have a scar that looks like a piece of bacon on my right thigh. I like to think it attracts men from afar.
7. I’m the proud Zia (Aunt) to two little girls: Lola and Abby. I love these little ladies more than anything and make no apologies for how obsessed with them I am.
8. I can’t cook to save my life. I can make eggs and toast – that’s it!
9. I’m terrified of Mother Nature. You know why? Because she’s a testy bitch and you can’t control her.
10. I share a birthday with Robert Redford- August 18th. This makes us cosmically connected and in case you’re wondering – Yes, Robert Redford is STILL the sexiest man alive.
11. I have to suppress my inner Barbara Walters when I meet people. It’s a problem. I’ll ask so many questions, I’m surprised I haven’t asked anyone what kind of tree they are.
11 Questions For You (Nominees)
- What makes you smile?
My nieces! Whenever I’m having a bad day, I visit one of my girls. As soon as I get a hug from them, I’m instantly in a better mood.
- If the sky’s the limit, what would you like to do next?
The immediate future is to travel. The ultimate goal is to publish my work.
- What’s your favourite season of the year? And why?
If you’re a face sweater like me, you enjoy the Autumn breeze and the chance to hide your leg cheese under jeans and sweaters.
- If you could move to any part of the world right now, where would you go and why?
Despite sharing my glandular problem – I would give anything to be on a beach in the Maldives.
- What’s your favorite joke?
The fact that youth makes a person feel invincible. That’s my favourite joke of all. (womp womp)
- Describe your blog with a phrase.
The inappropriate and sometimes insightful things your best friend says
- What is your favourite movie?
The Wedding Singer. I cry every time. Every. single. time.
- Cats or Dogs?
While I have and love both, I’m a big cat lady. Through and through.
- What is your favourite city/country you’ve visited and why?
I’m not very well traveled, but to depress you and prove my point I’ll say: Boston!
- If you had a magic lamp, what would you wish for?
A time machine. I don’t feel like I need to explain this.
- If you could meet anyone dead or alive, who would it be?
It’s a toss up between JFK and Ernest Hemingway. And yes, ladies. I’d put the moves on both of them. #sorrynotsorry
Now for the nominees!
1. Find + Share
8. Vodka Soda Escapades (She’s already nominated, but whatever. I enjoy)
11. Honest to Blog
11 Questions for you to answer…
1. What’s your favourite book?
2. If your life were a movie, who would play you?
3. If I looked through your iTunes, what song would you be most embarrassed for me to find?
4. What’s your guilty pleasure?
5. What made you want to start a blog?
6. Who’s the biggest influence in your life?
7. Would you rather go camping or to a resort?
8. If you could go back to school to learn ANYTHING, what would it be and why?
9. Describe your dream vacation?
10. Who was your first crush?
11. Name a goal you wish to accomplish in the next six months.
Blog your little hearts out!